We are happy to announce the next version of Web Safety ICAP web filter for Squid proxy (version 6.0.0.EF8F, built on December 12, 2017) as Release Candidate.
This version contains the following fixes and improvements:
- Added ability to block comments and related videos on YouTube.
- Admin UI updated from Django 1.8.17 to Django 1.11.7 (breaking change!)
- The backup/restore functionality was completely redesigned. It is now possible to directly import configuration backup from older version of the product.
- Added special community build of the product. This build is based on FOSS components and does not cost a cent to run. Squid proxy, Admin UI to manage it, Traffic Monitor and ClamAV eCAP antivirus are included.
- Due to the community version added we had to change the license scheme, license keys from versions <= 5.2 are not applicable for version 6.0+ and need to be regenerated. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to regenerate your license key free of charge.
- Added support for haproxy’s PROXY protocol, now it is possible to know the user’s IP in cluster deployments. Policies can be applied by the IP address/range/subnet and not by only Active Directory.
- Kerberos REALM field is moved to UI/Squid/Auth/Kerberos. Now is possible to use NTLM or LDAP authentication without configuring any Kerberos setting at all.
The version is available from https://www.diladele.com/download_next_version.html. It is recommended to use Ubuntu 16 and CentOS 7 based virtual appliances in production. Direct links to virtual appliances are:
The final release is expected to take place at the end of January 2018. We are now slowly updating our docs site and all integration tutorials and continue acceptance tests on all platforms.
Please use this build in non critical production deployments. Your questions/issues/bugs are welcome at email@example.com. Thanks to all of you for making this possible!
Next version will include Google Safe Browsing protection as URL rewriter. Join our community to get early access to next development builds (see https://www.diladele.com/community.html).