Web Safety ICAP web filter for Squid proxy version 184.108.40.20670 is now released. The following new features and bug fixes are part of this release:
- Added support for latest Peek-N-Splice HTTPS filtering on Squid 3.5+. This should ease deployment of the appliance in intercept (transparent) HTTPS filtering schemes.
- The application now is capable of servicing PROXY.DAY and WPAD proxy auto detection files from Web UI.
- Monitoring and reporting subsystem is further improved. It is now possible to store more monitoring events in the database before it reaches its limits. It is possible to store generated reports as PDF files.
- Fixed several minor bugs in Web UI when deploying on pfSense 2.3 and FreeBSD 10.
It is recommended to update to the latest version when time permits. The following links may be helpful.
- Pre-configured ready to be used Virtual Appliance – please use Ubuntu 14.04 + latest Squid 3.5.19 if possible.
- Installation packages for various platforms if you like to build proxy boxes yourself. The GitHub project with installation scripts may also be of interest.
- Upgrade Guide for Administrators.
About Diladele Web Safety
Web Safety for Squid Proxy is an ICAP web filtering server that integrates with Squid proxy installed in your network and provides rich web and content filtering platform to sanitize Internet traffic passing into internal home/enterprise network. It may be used to block illegal or potentially malicious file downloads, remove annoying advertisements, prevent access to various categories of web sites and block resources with explicit content.