Today we are announcing a Docker image for Diladele Web Safety ICAP Filter. It enables easy deployment of network filtering solutions using Docker technology.
This experimental version contains the following features:
- Squid is compiled with SSL Bump support including the patch that fixes Chrome NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID error
- Apache, Web Safety and Squid are deployed in the same container
- Supervisor is used for coordination of all processes
In order to use Web Safety, please use the following instructions:
- Install Docker for your platform, for instructions please see https://docs.docker.com/v1.8/installation
- Type command:
docker search diladele. You should see the following image
- Start a container with the following command:
docker run --name qlproxy -ti -p 8000:80 -p 3128:3128 diladele/qlproxy:4.3.0.rc. This commands will download the image and create a container with the name qlproxy and open port 8000 for Diladele Web Safety Administration Console and port 3128 for Squid.
Now you can connect with your browser to the box ip address or domain name on port 8000 and manage your deployment. For filtering, the clients should connect to port 3128.
To get the status of the container please use
docker ps, for stopping of container –
docker stop (container id). To remove the container –
docker rm (container id).
Please be aware, this is an experimental image and was tested only on Ubuntu. The development of the project is done in https://github.com/diladele/docker-websafety.
All feedback is greatly appreciated!
Diladele Dev Team