Update June 30th, 2015 – new build of Beta is available including ARM installer for Raspberry PI (2). See http://www.quintolabs.com/soon.php.
We are glad to present the 4.2 beta of next version of Diladele Web Safety ICAP Server for Squid proxy. In this version we tried to concentrate on better reporting (first step for now, still no graphs!).
This version contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
- The reporting functionality was completely re-implemented. Now we have 5 groups of reports – bandwidth, policies, categories, users, ips and domains.
- Administrative console was reorganized to match the improved reporting. Now the traffic monitoring module is a separate top level visual part of the UI.
- Report generation code was moved to daily schedule to lower the stress of CPU and RAM during normal working hours.
- Reporting now stores the approximate size of the request/response. Based on this we build our bandwidth reports. Please note this is an approximate size only taken from Content-Length field of HTTP.
- Report now runs much faster.
- It is now possible to exactly specify what verdicts need to be saved in monitoring database. We recommend saving only ‘blocked’ verdicts to lower the disk space requirements.
- Added ability to block responses > N bytes long for a given policy.
- Startup scripts of qlproxyd daemon are now upstart on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and CentOS 6.
- Added support for Debian 8 x86_64 Jessie based on systemd.
- Fixed error in installer in CentOS 6.
Next steps are to check Debian 7 / Raspberry PI build and FreeBSD / pfSense. Unfortunately this release will not support pfSense 2.2 (FreeBSD 10) yet. We are working on it.
Thanks all for your support!
Diladele Dev Team.