The alpha 2 of Diladele Web Safety 3.3 is available as of today for download at http://quintolabs.com/soon.php. The following new features and improvements are added in this version:
- Web UI is improved, it is now based on Bootstrap 3 and partially on AngularJS, looks to some extent better and is not so ugly when viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Totally reimplemented Active Directory (LDAP) server integration and user matching in windows security groups. Hopefully this will make the task of using Active Directory groups as members of policies easier.
- Added long awaited support for custom categories. The format is the same as in SquidGuard or Dansguardian. Hopefully simple copy of your custom made lists will be enough to use them in policies.
- Advanced exclusions (like gray listing in terms of dansguardian). It is now possible for example to block file downloads from a web site and exclude it from other types of filtering at the same time.
- A lot of small improvements and fixes.
- Daemon configuration is now JSON based that will make it very easy to embed into your custom solution (i.e. in your our network filtering projects).
Please download and use this version. Direct all your ideas, issues and bug descriptions to email@example.com. We are now concentrating on fixing minor glitches in our code for pfSense/FreeBSD platform.
BTW anyone interested in native pfSense package for Diladele Web Safety?
Diladele Dev Team