We are glad to present the 3.1.0 release of Diladele Web Safety for Squid Proxy (aka qlproxy). This released focused on safety in all major search engines. The following new features and fixed bugs are included:
- YouTube Safety Mode can be enforced for all browsers.
- Safe Search can be enforced in Google, Microsoft Bing and Yahoo search engines.
- It is now possible to mark domains and content types for ICAP bypass to speed up filtering.
- Fixed startup dependency problems in CentOS and FreeBSD.
- Improvements in file downloads mode, it is now better working with FTP over HTTP downloads.
- Save and Restart/Reload page in Web UI is simplified.
- Better integration with pfSense in Web UI.
- HTTPS filtered domains are validated in Web UI preventing later Squid restart errors.
- Squid related options in Web UI are now group into one tab.
- Fixed a bug when default policy could be renamed.
- Web UI checks for unsupported wildcard characters in domain names and exclusions.
- Web UI now better validates configuration files by running /usr/sbin/squid -k parse.
Please update your now-outdated-versions when time allows. Those who still use 2.0 (and there are a lot) please do not hesitate to update asap. As a reminder, use the following links to download the installation binaries and/or Virtual Appliance.
- Installation packages for FreeBSD, Linux and Raspberry PI
- Virtual Appliance with Squid Proxy and Diladele Web Safety acting as ICAP web filter
Diladele Development Team.
P.S. A short guide on how to update 3.0.1 to 3.1 without loosing your settings will be published here a little bit later.