We are very happy to finally present the results of our efforts to users of QuintoLabs Content Security. Major additions and improvements in this version are:
- Added support for policies (different settings for different proxy users) greatly improving usability of the program in educational institutions and enterprises.
- Virtual Appliance is built using VMWare Virtual Studio and can be deployed on VMWare Server, Player, Workstation as well as ESX/ESXi.
- Added support for installing the application of Debian 5, OpenSUSE 12, Windows 8 CP.
- Improved quality of installation package on Ubuntu / Debian.
- Improved Ad Block module memory usage and performance.
- Web UI now shows full configuration information (still read only for now).
- Updated Apache integration information for Python, virtualenv and Django.
- Simplified configuration settings.
- Improved exception list (added domain and subdomain exceptions)
- Windows installation uses tasks in system Task Scheduler component.
- Update scripts rewritten in cross platform Python, no need to enable Powershell scripts in Windows now.
Installation packages for all major OSes can be downloaded from http://quintolabs.com/qlicap_download.php. Just in case here are direct download links:
Virtual Appliance for VMWare Workstation, ESX/ESXi are available for download or direct deployment from http://quintolabs.com/qlicap_virtual.php.
Thanks to all users of qlproxy! We are looking forward to your feedback.